The Fiber Studio is now running a monthly mood board featuring the best in handmade and vintage textile products by small, independent businesses. This month’s launch theme is High Tide, inspired by Marine Crosta’s miniature oil seascapes.
Each month’s mood board theme will be announced in advance so that you can get in contact with product suggestions via the blog contact page. Stay posted for news of the next theme via Instagram.
1. Scandi style blue striped rug by Jord Home on Etsy. Handwoven cotton and jute. £65. Shop here.
2. Marine Crosta’s beautiful little oil paintings are clearly not textile related, but they’re what inspired this month’s theme, and they’re too gorgeous not to include. These tiny seascapes come in antique brass frames with convex glass. Most of Crosta’s works are priced at around £160. Her shop is currently sold out but no doubt there will be an update soon. Shop here and follow on IG here.
3. This thyme cyanotype wall hanging, and the rosemary one below, are made by Emma Freeman using sunlight for exposure. Both sold via her Etsy store Emma Freeman Designs, £20. Shop here.
4. Chevron handwoven rug by Jord Home. £70 – 150 Shop here.
5. Sabatina Leccia is one of my favourite embroidery artists and it’s now possible own her work in cushion form. The designs are the result of a collaboration with Alix Waline; they are first drawn and then digitally printed on a high quality cotton and embroidered by hand. £145 Shop here and follow on IG here.
6. Tunic by High Tail Handmade on Etsy. Made with hand woven, vintage indigo cloth from Africa. £79.36. Shop here.
7. Indigo Shibori Mud Cloth by Amaramanogoods on Etsy.
8. Hand dyed Shibori pillow collection by Rebecca Atwood. Prices vary. Shop here.
9. & 10. Ossana Quilt and Harrow Quilt by Meg Callahan. Patchwork using batch indigo-dyed fabric. Made to order. Price on request. Shop here.
11. Vintage, handwoven cotton textiles dyed with natural indigo, sold at General Store. $175
12. Hand crocheted bikini by Creaspir on Etsy. £27.15
13. This Shibori maxi dress is actually sold by Anthropologie, so not handmade I’m afraid. Unfortunately it’s sold out now but there are some going on Ebay for fairly reasonable prices.
15. & 17. Minimalist natural linen by Sea Me on Etsy. Prices vary. Shop here.
16. These embroidered necklaces are currently sold out, but keep posted for more gorgeous geometric jewellery by Nook of the North. Becca has also started selling abstract embroidered wall art to die for. Shop here and follow on IG here.